View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 03:43 AM

Default Re: 1-2nl live how can I play this differently??

[ QUOTE ]
1-2nl i'm in mid-position at a really weak table with 2 good players maybe. Guy to my left has lost a couple big pots with one pair and overbets the pot big with top pair and always cont bets big. He calls the pot as does 5 other limpers.

Flop comes Q 10 6 two diamonds. Checked to me I threw out a 10 dollar bet (not trying to scare anything away but understanding flush and straight draws will call). Guy to my left raises to 35 folded around to me and I make it 75. He calls.

Turn is a J not diamond. I check thinking there is no way he has a straight but I want to slow this pot down. He throws out 100 and has another 150 behind and I have him covered. I thought about it for about 10 seconds and hoped he had two pair and threw it in and he insta-called with KQ off to hit a straight on the river.

How can I play this hand differently, should I keep the pot small until the end when I know im obviously beat or is getting my money in ahead the thing to do here? I was pretty certain I was good here and thought for sure he had QJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, try to present your post better. It makes it much more likely you'll get useful feedback.