View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 02:29 PM

Default Re: NYC poker: safety and legalization

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also lets discuss NY State Lottery. Its a game of chance, marketed to poor, destitute and undereducated NY'ers who have zero control over their destiny. Poker attracts educated and financially secure people - people who understand probability and wish to control their own destiny.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long has it been since you've actually been in a poker room? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

TT is very correct with respect to the NYC poker scene. Before leaving a game at the place that was recently robbed, my table included a couple of lawyers, a member of the Marines, a relatively famous screen and TV actor, and a judge.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm sure that is a fair representation of every poker game in town. And I'm sure that the Judge, marine, Lawyers, and actor never purchased a lottery ticket.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, have you ever played at a club in this city? The clientelle of many of these places is mostly professional types who like to play after work. Midtown Manhattan is the biggest business district in the entire hemisphere, and Wall Street is just a couple of miles away. You'll see more suits playing at some times than people not in suits.