View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

[ QUOTE ]
no youd be huge favorite in mix. im fairly sure that sycuan is rigged against me. also crazy mike roc and jamie play really well so its not surprising they beat me.

i have heard you are brutalizing online games while 500 tabling. btw do you really think i should bet the turn in that 10/20 hand i posted? i guess i must have been giving these guys too much credit bc i thought any nonretard would soil themselves and fold anything but a set if i bet the turn after the dude calls 900 cold and the other calls 6 more. i ended up stacking the early position player that hand as he shoved after it checked to him on the turn but i was really pretty disgusted by how i played the hand. on the flop it was like i somehow forgot i was playing no limit and the goal of my hand was to stack someone and perhaps i was somehow playing limit where i needed to c/r the flop so i could b/3 turn when the clear play is to bet/3bet flop.

also i didnt realize how ridic overpriced alcohol is until just now. bottle of grey goose is $50 at costco. tonic is like $0. one drink costs $4.50 or something but i was giving cocktail waitress like 8 per drink which im pretty sure is a gross overtip but when i want to get drunk i need her to come back as fast as possible. and bring me like 3 drinks at the same time at last call =/. i expect that each drink has roughly $2 worth of vodka in it. oh well, at least its not the bike where they try to [censored] poison me by putting a lime in there and then laughing it off when i tell them to do it right and put a lemon in the next one. or even worse the time they tried to commit double murder by giving me the grey goose soda and mike the jeweler the grey goose tonic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, don't give 99% of live players credit for putting you on a set, even on the driest board. The only time to check that turn is if you have a really solid player to your left, in which case you would check/fold to his bet, but pay off the other guy obviously. Most of the times you will get called when you bet the turn by the same players that will bet if you check to them, so there is no deceptagame benefit in checking the turn. The only deceptive thing you should consider here is betting small, like 800 or whatever the same bet you just made was, because obv with that board texture there are no draws and it makes it cheaper if you take that line as a bluff ever, and doesn't allow people to read into your bet sizes. Obviously, betting anything 800+ you can shove the river for less than a psb and noone that calls the turn on that board ever folds to a river bet of any size. Bet/3betting the flop is fine too, but c/r is definitely just as good live. Online, always c/r that spot because people cbet wayyyy too much.

Also, alchohol IS too expensive; it should come free with an Ocean's label on it like their water, because it is definitely -ev for players and way +ev for their business and waitresses.