View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 11:33 AM

Default Re: AK PF kinda sticky situation, Stars 25 buy in

[ QUOTE ]
Dave,

You're starting to sound like a knuckle-head here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.
[ QUOTE ]

All you've shown is that you don't know what his range is, you're not taking this hand very seriously, and you just want people to say "call."

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I've said that I think BB's range here is TT+, maybe 99, and maybe AQ

[ QUOTE ]

Your modified re-raiser range has litle to no effect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean, I added more possible holdings that he could call with and be ahead. It has some effect, we've doubled his range.
[ QUOTE ]

You've said the caller is an idiot with some piece of trash hand, but now he's shoving his 21k extra chips in after a re-raise and a shove 5 from the money. Great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said he had a piece of trash hand. I think he's likely to have something like a medium pair, maybe AQ. I just think he's a donk because he flat called so much of his stack (although now that I think of it, it's only ~18%), but if it was me I'd probably be pushing to isolate or folding. Unless he's calling with AA/KK, but he didn't seem smart enough to be capable of that.

Once he sees a shove, I think he calls a lot of the time because he figures he's committed, and knows the other guy is gonna be in. Durr, gotta call now. Pot odds, etc. Then agin he might fold too, as Id seen him making "tourney life" mindset indicative decisions. Regardless, if it was just HU with him, I'd obviously push AK, but as the hand goes, I'm more concerned about the other guy with the big stack.
[ QUOTE ]

Why wouldn't you want to shove and isolate him then?

[/ QUOTE ]

See above, but also it's much more about teh fact that I think BB never folds to a shove. Or raraly does here. Something about the situation just stinks to me, which is what I was trying to say. I think BB has TT+ here, and might only consider folding TT, JJ (that was the point of my original post), but I doubt he even folds those hands. Very little chance he has air, because if he was squeezing or something, he'd have raised more or pushed.

So your whole point about "it's the folds that make this correct" is kinda my point, I doubt BB is ever folding. Yes there is some overlay in there because of my raise and call and the blinds and stuff, but THIS DEEP it doesn't outweigh a likely 57/43. With 20 BBs I'd instapush, and I rarely play scared of high pairs (like very rarely to never), but here, thats why I think a call is best.