View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 02:20 PM

Default ***Official SSNL What Now? Panic/Don\'t Panic Thread

I think it's OK if we have one official thread of this nature in SSNL. This isn't a place to complain about Congress or Bill Frist or questions about the legislation itself. Please follow along in the legislation forum for that. Also, in that forum you will find all the poker site's statements as to what they are doing.

Here, we can talk amongst our friends and acquaintances what we are doing and plan on doing or hope to do as online poker players, especially in the near future.

So, converse/brainstorm/share:

As for me, I took out alot of my roll last week unrelated to all this nonsense, leaving me with $2k online at Pokerstars. Late last nite, because of this legislation I decided to take another $600 offline, and just now got the cash thru Neteller ATM. So, now I have about $5 in Neteller and $1400 in Pokerstars.

I did that transaction before having to accept or decline the new Neteller T&C so haven't done anything with that yet.

I feel OK (atm) having money in Stars. If I had any money in Party, I would have taken it out, but that's just me.

I am not entirely pessimistic about this whole thing. The legislation didn't make online poker any more legal or illegal than it ever was in the USA. Sadly, the fish/casual player will probably panic and see this as making poker illegal and take all their money out, making the games a whole lot tougher.

What're you doing?