View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Questionable preflop call and a double belly buster

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

I don't think I should have called here. SSHE says I shouldn't, I am out of position and my hand may be dominated and isn't even suited. I was probably a bit on tilt, because of the two bad beats on another table and I thought there were already 7.4 SBs there, so I gave it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, don't give yourself bad reasons to cold-call with large off-suit garbage against an UTG raiser.

If you take away just one thing from this thread - let it be not to cold-call raises with big off-suit cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flop: (8.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, CO folds, Hero calls.

I checked because somebody had to have an ace, when action was back on me I didn't know if I should raise, I had a slight equity but I was out of position. So I just called

[/ QUOTE ]

UGH - Somebody had? to have an Ace. Do you raise only with hands that have an Ace it it?

If you take two things from this thread - let the other be that not all PF raises mean big Aces.

With 8 pretty sweet outs there will be times you bet this flop, times you check-raise this flop, and times when you just check call.

Checking-and-seeing is the best line here. If you bet, UTG could raise out the rest of the field, and you'd just soon have them in. IF CO hadn't folded the flop, you could consider CR'ing. I don't have Pokerstove on this computer, but we must be pretty close to a value raise if he calls.

On the turn your hand is very disguised. I don't mind going for a CR here, you have aggression next to you and the potential to trap bets.

You did play the river perfectly. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]