View Single Post
Old 04-19-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: bottom two against rocky

[ QUOTE ]

just to throw out numbers say he is bluffing of value betting a worse hand 1/6 of the time, 4/6 of the time he has the nuts, and 1/6 of the time he has queens up. getting 8-1 on the river we obv have value to call but if he'll fold queens up a little over half the time it's profitable to bluff raise.

I absolutely don't think we're good >50% of the time if we get called on a river c/r though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, calling and raising very well both might be +EV, i guess we gotta decide which has a higher expectation.

If rocky is a good player though, is he more likely to be betting the top and bottom of his range? And if so, i imagine this widens the EV gap between calling and raising, as he's not going to call with his bluffs, nor fold as much of his value bets.

And if anyone wants to throw out a hand range here, i'd really appreciate it. i think we can all do the math or at least reasonable EV estimates given certain parametes, but i really would like to know what others thoughts are on the types of hands rocky (or any "good" live player)would play like this.