View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Well, he\'s never folding a pair, but fire anyways? (NL50)

[ QUOTE ]
I called preflop because he 3bet like a pussy (comments on this are welcome).

[/ QUOTE ]

I often wonder what to do in this spot, particularly with an easily dominated hand like AQ. With a pair or SCs, it's pretty easy to call the stupid thing and flop it or drop it, but with hands like this you end up with... hands like this. I still call, though, but I'm wondering if that's a mistake.

[ QUOTE ]
I called on the flop because I thought I had some clean outs, but I might be getting into trouble with this, I'm not really sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, then...

[ QUOTE ]
The turn was a bet/fold and I felt I had to bet once he checked given that all I had was A high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you should check and take the free card. It's also remotely possible that your hand is best at the moment.

[ QUOTE ]
On the river he doesn't have enough left behind to fold a pair, but is it worth the river shove to try to fold AK with a better club draw and all the hands I beat so I don't have to show this down?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he were full stacked this would have a much better chance of working. He's already put in over half his stack. Does he hold specifically AK with a club more than 30% of the time? It might be close.