View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Strattera(ADHD med) making me feel like crap

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I don't understand is why he put you on the highest possible dose of Adderall XR there is. They make it in strengths from 5mg up to 30mg. Any reason he started you on the maximum? And then you add 20mg dextadrine in the evening, I can see why you can't sleep.

[/ QUOTE ]

well he told me that the minimum dose of adderall that they recommend for adults is 20 mg, and that since i'm an average sized guy 5'10" 170ish that he'd prob end up bumping me to 30 mg anyway. he said that dose was optimal

and he added the dexedrine because he said that the adderall xr would probably only last for about 9 hours(say 9 am-6 pm) for me and since I'll be needing to concentrate for probably 12-13 hours a day, he said that the dexedrine is perfect because it will take effect in 15-30 minutes and wear off in 4 hours, an hour or so before bed.

i guess it hasn't worked that way. and i still haven't eaten anything. it's not like i'm trying to starve myself, i am just not hungry.

i was actually wrong on the dexedrine dose. it's a 10 mg tablet that i take when the adderall xr wears off, not 20 mg. but the adderall never really wore off, not that i could tell, so i just took the dexedrine at the time he said, and here i find myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just take the adderall for now and skip the dexedrine for a few days to see how you will react. If you find you can concentrate with just the adderall, there is no reason to take the dexedrine.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi mr p,

the 10 mg of dexedrine seems to be more powerful for me than the 30 mg of adderall xr if that's possible? i mean it makes sense since dex is supposedly more pure version of adderall? like adderall contains levo-amphetamine as well which doesn't hit the frontal lobes like dex does.

i saw on google that they have long-lasting dexedrine too, called Dexedrine SR or Dexedrine spansules. they come in doses of 5, 10 and 15 mg. and since i think that dexedrine is being more powerful for me, do you think i should ask to switch to those instead? they say they last 6-8 hours compared to adderall xr's 10-12, so i could still supplement with the 10 mg dex tablet if necessary. plus from a cursory look at walgreen's website, they do have generics for both and it looks like it's a lot cheaper than the adderall xr, even with my insurance on both.