View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 AM

Default Re: HPT at Majestic Star - starts Saturday

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to try the sats next sunday but I dont want to deal with it if the HPT is some kind of sharkfest. Anyone play the HPT recently give some input on the play/players?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, sharkfest... I was going to give a witty remark about how live players suck and in this particular location they suck really hard, but insted I will just say the competition in the HPT is extreamly weak.
They get a few people who travel their "circuit" (I saw anna wroblewski at the last one, WTF is she coming all the way to gary, IN to play one $2500 buyin tourney for??) but the majority of the players all get in though the satellites.

Speaking about the satellites, the play in them is really sad. Last time I played in one, there were 2 big stacks with 100K+ chips (avg is like 20K) who started going at each other around the bubble. Lets just say they ended up getting allin vs each other with about even stacs, one had like QQ the other had AJ... They were guaranteed a seat, but insted one of them ended up going out around the bubble. I also saw some guy fold his BB w/ 75% of his chips in the pot, he busted when he was allin on his small blind..

I would say even if you have the slightest idea about how to play SNG's and can beat the $10's online, you will be miles ahead of 95% of the tournament players there. If you can beat the $50NL games online, you have a solid shot at winning the tourney.

I will be going for sure, and playing in all the sats untill I have my seat. Im sure the cash games will be extra juicy too. especially if they can actually get a 5/10NL game going.

I would also like to meet up w/ any 2+2ers who will be going.