View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Do you think you could drink a keg in a week?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Given that your metabolism will remove about 1 pint per hour you end the day with about two beers in your system which is easily worked out while you sleep. Drink plenty of water, eat food, and you're good.

[/ QUOTE ]
As Klompy pointed out, don't get your units mixed up. I was under the impression that men's livers could process about 12oz/hour, women's around 9oz. Pretty sure I learned that in a state-mandated alcohol awareness course years ago, so if I'm off I'm either not remembering correctly or they were skewing the figures low. There's an appreciable difference between 12 and 16oz.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, that's my mistake. At the end of a 16 hour day you would have about 5.5 pints worth in your system. So, technically you would wake up in the morning after 8 hours of sleep at 0. Of course this is with all things being equal. I still say this can be done over the course of seven days, however, precautions need to be taken into account for dehydration, and any other complications.

As with any other beer drinking competition, there needs to be a "no puking" rule.