View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 07:33 PM

Default Re: deeeeep 50-100, 2 part heads up hand.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
someone explain why 3balling the flop is even a good play vs this villian.

[/ QUOTE ]
It can give you more information about his hand. If he 4-balls, yer probably dead, and you found out for cheaper than calling a turn and river, which if the board bricks off, you pretty much have to do.

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
What's the question? That dry a board and we're gonna just assume a mostly ABC player is gonna bluff us off an obv good ace by 4 betting a dry flop? Again, not saying it's the best line, just saying it has it's merits at times.

At least post what the question is, it's not like my statement is that strange, and if you think it is, say why.

[/ QUOTE ]
well if i think he's not going to call with worse or 4-bet bluff, that i dont see any reason at all to 3-bet. if i'm 3-betting here, it's exactly because i want more action. not to find out if i'm beat or not. from my perspective, AK is pretty darn close to the nuts on this flop. i'll do whatever i can to get as much money in the pot as i can (within reason).

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then you can easily also say you are just getting more $$$ in the pot, as lots won't fold AQ/AJ here. With HU play, most anything you can throw people off with and also gain info about their play is +EV for me.