View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: And the winner is.....??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not really. You need to define "tosses his hand away." Did he do it face up? Face down?

Face up, whoever has the best hand wins.

Face down, Player B wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this for a definition: Muck, according to Robert's rules is "to discard ones hand" . To "discard" means "to throw away or get rid of". So we have Muck meaning to throw away or to get rid of ones hand. No mention of the position of the cards or where they're thrown.

So we have a situation where it is Player A's turn to act. He has been called and now, as first to act, he can either show his hand or he can muck it. By the defininition above, by tossing his hand into the middle of the table, or away, he has elected to muck.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was at the Venetian in a tournament a while back. It was heads up on the turn. I moved in with air against an opponent I knew would fold unless she had one particular hand. Well she called and had that hand and I tossed my cards face up and they landed on the muck. Villain tried to scoop the pot but the dealer pulled my cards off the muck and dealt the river which gave me an inside straight that I didn't even consider. Villain called the floor over and the floor ruled in my favour saying my hand was still live because it was tabled.

And dat's da truth.