Thread: Why not WSEX?
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: Why not WSEX?

Leaving aside the pros and cons of WPX for the moment, the basic question is, "Why aren't there other online card rooms competing based on price?".

As a player it turns my stomach to think that the rake I pay Stars somehow finds its way to the pockets of some of these dancing buffoons who do everything and anything to get their face time on ESPN. I really don't want to be the mule whose labor supports the cult of personality in which Stars invests.

There's no reason a $3 rake should be an industry standard and that bigger games should get popped for $5.

A tourney with a $1000 entry shouldn't cost 100x the entry into a $1 tournament.

It would not surprise me to find that there's some degree of soft collusion among poker sites with the aim to keep costs artificially inflated.

Yes, I too have no idea why WPX hasn't been a roaring success or why there haven't been downward cost pressures on other sites. WPX is/was the perfect, stripped down vehicle in which a competent poker player could do quite well without the supporting the massive carnival that now mushrooming at the bigger sites.