Thread: Why not WSEX?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Why not WSEX?

I would love it to become popular. I played there about a year ago and the no rake was fantastic. However, I stopped because of the lack of choice and there are very few poor players around so it is a constant battle. Also I thought the graphics were poor.

Without advertising the fish and casual players don't go there. Rake is not a huge factor for them. They see the adverts for PokerStars, Party anf Full Tilt and chuck their dead money on those. They have some fun and repeat. Once they improve and take the game seriously rake becomes important. They find out about WSEX but when they try it they find it too hard and leave.

Rake is a necessary evil. Advertising, upgrading software and customer support costs money. Rake plays for all that plus the sites are not a charity and need to make profits themselves. I think WSEX would have been better with say 70% rakeback and investing 30% for advertising. However, it is a bit of a chicken and egg scenario. With their current amount of players 30% wouldn't cover a good advertising campaign.