View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 11:37 AM

Default Re: **Official Madden 08 Thread**

Got it at midnight, and I'm not really impressed. It's the same thing it's been for three straight years now. I play nothing but Franchise Mode, and it hasn't changed a bit (the updated rosters are nice, but that's it). Player trades are still horribly overpriced, and they still haven't updated pick trading to line up with the pick value chart (someone just dealt the 1-8 and 3-8 for the 1-1, but I can barely move up to the 1-23 when I package the 1-25, 3-25, and 5-25 together).

Other FM problems: corners are still super easy to grow from sixth round picks to 99's in like three seasons...every [censored] offensive lineman, defensive lineman, and cornerback is rated between 80 and 95...they still force you to go dollar-by-dollar when upping your offer to a free agent (seriously, it takes me five minutes to make a good offer because I have to move the thing $4 million to the right)...free agents still want ridiculous salaries, even during the season when they have no job...MLB's make a lot of money, but OLB's make very little...safeties are ridiculously underpaid, and DT's are ridiculously overpaid...UFA's get paid more than 6th and 7th round draft picks...it is almost impossible to grow a second day QB into a starter...the list goes on and on.

This might be my last year of buying the new game.

(Also, I'm terrible on defense, and I can still beat the [censored] out of the computer on everything but All-Madden. That's really the only challenging level, IMO, if you actually have a football mind and aren't just picking random plays.)