View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 05:18 AM

Default Re: 25NL: Confused, need some guidance...

So you're bluffing but it's not working....might be a clue there.

My philosophy on the micros is to make hay whilst the sun shines and not lose it all when it rains. You need the patience to not play the poor cards or out of position so you don't lose money when you don't need to - you're gonna lose money even with good cards anyway sometimes.. Or better still multitable so you don't even need patience! :-)

You're better off using your agressive tendencies earlier in the hand when it's cheaper. If you want to push people off pots then reraise the looser raisers preflop from the button or raise/float the habitual CBers. But I wouldn't try to do expensive river bluffs like that. Quite why you think the ones you posted are remotely convincing is beyond me.

You have to adjust to the other players - period. If they call bets they shouldn't then use that tendency - make value bets with made hands. Obviously do not bluff these sorts of players. Bluff the weak/tight ones.

There was a guy I played last night on 50NL who was ultra agro and was picking up tons of cheap money. He was all over the table playing at 50/50/8. As it happens I stacked him for his $100 stack with a pair Q's when he tried to bluff the river AI with no logical reason for me to believe him. Thing is, if he'd just kept up the early street agro and backed off when he met proper resistance he'd have been almost unplayable I think.

Re: ATs UTG - I play at 6max and I consider this a marginal hand at that position. I'd raise it up if I thought there was any chance of a table fold, which I'd consider a good result. I might sometimes limp it mostly for flush value if the table was very passive and allowed it (not often). But often I'd just fold it. It woudl depend on how well I thought I could play the table post flop but folding it is a good basic play I think.