View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Survivor Season 2: Pog Island [GAME THREAD]

SO I was trying to think of an acceptable team name for our tribe, but I was hitting roadblocks. I thought about just using a standard pog reference (the ZOMG tribe), or posibly a pop culture reference (Dinkin Flicka tribe). These seemed ok, but the only had surface value. They lacked the deeper meaning that I thought was necessary to really represent our tribe.

I started thinking about the people in our tribe, and what we all had in common. Sure, we're all guys, but you can't really call a tribe The Guy Tribe. As far as I know, we're all American, but calling us The American Tribe would seem kinda cheesy. I had to find a common trait that all of us had that would be worth naming a tribe after.

Then it hit me. Alex Levin. MDoranD. His Boy Elroy. Think about those people for a second. Is it becoming clear? Look at the rest...

ScottHoward. metsandfinsfan. Boiler_bd. MaxxDaddy.

Isn't it obvious? WE ALL REPRESENT PLAYERS FROM THE CLEVELAND INDIANS 1997 ROSTER!

Think about it:

Alex Levin represents Carlos Baerga, a saucy Puerto Rican second baseman, with a classic moustache.

MDoranD is obviously Charles Nagy, the heartthrob of the team, and a reliable right-hander.

His Boy Elroy, the class clown. Loved by the people. Drives a yellow convertible and wears purple suits. Omar Vizquel.

Scott Howard is Albert (Joey) Belle, an big-hitting outfielder with a temper. He was known to chase down trick-or-treaters and hit them with his car.

MetsandFinsFan represents Jim Thome - a big, cornfed country boy who likely took steroids at some point.

Boiler_bd matches up with Jose Mesa, the closer. The finisher. When he got in the game, you knew it was gonna be a win. Please disregard the ninth inning of game 7 of the world series for this comparison.

Finally, MaxxDaddy is clearly Jaret Wright. An up-and-comer with the Indians in 97, he impressed everyone with his clutch performances in the playoffs.

All that said, I am submitting my vote for our tribe name to be THE 1997 CLEVELAND INDIANS TRIBE.

Who's with me?