View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: **uNL Microbrew Thread** DEC 07 (lc)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What bankroll are 10nl players taking shots at 25nl at? Last time i took a shot at 25nl my roll was $300 and i blew it back to $175 through some extreme coolers, so not sure if i should go higher at 10nl first!

[/ QUOTE ]
i moved to nl25 with $472 and quickly lost five buyins but did not move down and eventually got back up before going on a nice extended breakeven/tilt stretch. I think if you lose more then 8-10 buyins at a level probably a good sign that you are not ready for that level unless you have hit one of those once every 100k hand anomalies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just took a shot at NL25 today with my $315 bankroll and at first it wasn't pretty. In 20 mins I had lost 2BI's which put me down to $265. I told myself that if I get below $250 that I HAD TO drop down in limits, even if I didn't want to.

I've had one bad experience in the past where I took a shot at $250 at 25NL, ran super hot, got to $350 in about a day, then started losing like crazy. I thought it was bad beats, but I realized it was really my play.

After losing my 2BI amount today, I've made it back and a little extra, and I realized that my problem with moving up is I get too "scared" and don't play the way I usually play at NL10. I finally realized this and I started playing really well. That's what I feel is the biggest problem with moving up or taking shots. If you start playing scared, I don't think one should be playing there.