View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 06:08 AM

Default Re: PLO8 - Theoretical Question.

in my experience with these ppl (i play a little 2-4handed PLO8 when i can) i found what works best for me.

Vpip: 80ish
PFR: 50ish
hand range: anything even slightly working together. (A67T, 23QKs, 245Ts...)

why? this opponent is a calling station. he will not build a pot for us at any given time, so we must do it ourselves. his strategy is clear cut and wide open, very easy to play against. build pots with 2way draws, slam pots with marginal 2way hands (2pr, 3rd nut low ish). Also, we are generally raising with position for the hand, which is is obviously key. (if ur playin at a site like PS where blinds are backwards, id have to rethink this and probably devize a whole nother general strategy)

so raising is positon and building pots is key. also, you mentioned that villian will only call, not raise on flop and turn. even more reason to raise preflop being that we can draw for almost free if we choose to (assuming its not correct o bang away (FD+LD)).

my flop bet range is: sets (given texture), dub draws (FD+LD), top 2 with something working, basically 2 way hands, or strong enuff to the high that we can bang out
Turn betting range will b much tighter. obv so dependent on texture and pot size to give a clear cut range. but this is where u decide how cheaply you want to draw, or dont. if ur gettin a free look at the river, then obv no slammin the pot without a premium hand (even that dub draw isnt as good anymore, tho i still think we shud bet something...generally 1/3-1/2 the pot).

these opponents can b very hard to play against, esp HU. but i think with proper pot building, and pot control, it is exploitable.

(ps...was i right?)