View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Deep stack games - making them play YOUR game

I admitedly dont play much deepstacked buyin poker, but there has been a ton of discussion about it lately and it made me think about a few things:

lets say youre a regular and your game varies from 20/17 - 26/21, not necessarily the best in your game but definitely a winner. now for simplicity sake lets say the game is .5/1 blinds with a $200 (200bb) buyin, 6 max, obv online. the standard opening raise is still 4bb's + 1bb per limper, so usually $4 opens.

how would playing the game like a standard 1/2 100bb game change things? like every time you open preflop you make it $8, and every time you 3bet you make it 25ish to go? you could also obv call standard opening raises with a wide range in pos for relatively cheap.
how would the regulars adjust, or would they adjust correctly at all? how would it affect your play vs the fish, or would it?

i have some ideas about how the game would be affected, and why/when it my be more profitable to play like this, but id like to hear some opninions on the matter first.