View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Do you think dogs get lonely?

If you are having trouble with a dog pulling while you are walking them get a pinch colllar. They are amazing. They are also much better than choke collars because those can hurt the dogs throats.

That is what I used to get my dog to walk beside me. I would use it and always make her stay on my right ( im right handed) Then I would take it off and she would walk by my side. If she started to walk away I would put it back on her. Eventually she just always would stay by my side.

I am lucky she never was really interested in other dogs. She just doesnt care that much about having them around.

I also used bell training for potty training. I got a set of bells that I would hang on my door. Every time I would take my dog out I would ring the bell before I went out the door. Eventually, when she has to use the bathroom she will come up and ring the bell with her nose.

It works really well because you can hear it in other rooms. You have to be careful though because they know the bell means go outside so she will ring it sometimes just to go out.

Puppy's are a ton of trouble. If you like to go out alot and stay gone I would not get a dog unless you have a big yard they can play in. It's not fair to keep them cooped up inside all day. Especially high energy dogs.