Thread: Robert Kiyosaki
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2006, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Robert Kiyosaki

[ QUOTE ]

How to use corporations to save on your tax bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Corporations don't necessarily save on your tax bill, in fact they actually will dramatically increase your tax bill if wrongly implemented. In RDPD he not only doesn't explain this, it seems clear he doesn't understand this. He also promotes tax fraud, telling you to write off things that are clearly not allowed.

[ QUOTE ]

That rich people do not work hard, they have others work hard for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know a few rich people, and they work harder than any of their employees. That's how they got rich. Businesses don't run themselves. Passive real estate isn't really passive, you need to carefully pick and improve the right real estate and watch it like a hawk.

[ QUOTE ]

The idea of buying luxury goods with passive income, not with earned income, is a better route to riches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Buying luxury goods is never a route to riches, no matter which income stream you choose to pay for them with. Luxury goods depreciate, reducing your net worth over time. Investments appreciate, increasing your net worth over time.

[ QUOTE ]

The advice of not listening to scared people who work for the man. The advice that other people are going to tell you you are wrong or stupid for doing what you are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, you are taking advice from a guy who made up "rich dad", most of his own personal history, and has shown no evidence he's built any successful business, other than the RDPD franchise.

[ QUOTE ]

People told me that. For all intents and purposes I am retired at age 25. I'm laughing now, while they are still pumping 9-5's. Ship it. Kiyosaki rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why give Kiyosaki credit when you did the work? If you retired at 25, then you've proven to be a much smarter, better businessman than him.

There are many inspirational books that tell you how to become an entrepeneur, save your money and invest in good businesses in order to get rich or avoid the rat race. I'd recommend one that is more factual and useful than RDPD.