View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: NL10 - QJs big draw on flop

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop is fine, its pretty thin but I dont think its terrible. On the flop, I raise and get all in in whatever way possible, you are ahead of every ace except AK in which you have 43% equity, more than compensated for by the bloated pot. If your opponent has a PP lower than JJ you are massive with 15 outs and are an equity favourite. You called preflop to hit this exact board, so get your money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is bad, but there are two opponents, not one. I'm pretty happy getting my money in here, but I'm also pretty happy taking a cheap card if it is offered and getting money in on the later streets, since I think any hand that calls a shove on the flop will not fold if I hit my draw later. Since SB was the 3 bettor there is a strong chance he's going for a c/r, so this plan might not work. If it doesn't, then I go ahead and shove at that point. If I thought the raise on the flop would get As to fold, I might try that, but I think I'd rather hope for the cheap card at this level.