View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Good Luck Hunters!!!

[ QUOTE ]
The hunters give more money to habitat and conservation projects than all other tree-hugging charities combined.

[/ QUOTE ]

I highly doubt that's true, not in Canada anyway. I know $10 (might be higher now) from duck licenses goes to Ducks Unlimited. I don't think anything from any other type of license is set aside for conservation.

[ QUOTE ]
When people don't hunt certain animals, their own existence can endanger themselves. Just ask Canadians about their Canadian Geese population.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geese are thriving and are becoming a nuisance to humans but that does not in any way, shape, or form mean there isn't enough resources available to sustain their growing population.

[ QUOTE ]
There are more whitetail deer in the US now than there were 100 years ago. If hunters failed to hunt them for just 1 season, the results would be catastrophic in many parts of the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Catastrophic?!? Thats absurd. You're still not even allowed to kill does without a special permit in most of North America. Why do think that is pray tell?

I'm not against hunting deer but the argument that their population is out of control and we must kill them for their own good is just ridiculous.