View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Re: Good Luck Hunters!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Schwatt,

It's great that you actually ate them all, but where I'm from, that's WELL beyond your limit of birds. IMO, someone going over their limit is just as bad as someone who kills for the sake of killing. I don't know what the limits are for where you hunt though so I can't say anything about you.

In PA, it was 2 pheasants or 2 ducks a day was your limit. To go pheasant hunting, you had to go to a corn field that would be stocked by the gaming commission. Rarely are any pheasants wild in Western PA anymore. So it's just pretty much a slaugter on these birds. Not that I had a problem with that, but people would go out and kill a dozen or so, since it was so easy, leaving none for anyone else coming through at a later time. IMO, that's not what hunting is about.

[/ QUOTE ]

The limit in MN is 6 ducks/day/person, but the season is 2 months long.

Our limit for pheasants is also 2 Rudy's/day/person. But in the Dakotas the limit is higher, hence the giant take.

To the anti's:

The hunters give more money to habitat and conservation projects than all other tree-hugging charities combined. When people don't hunt certain animals, their own existence can endanger themselves. Just ask Canadiens about their Snow Geese population.
There are more whitetail deer in the US now than there were 100 years ago. If hunters failed to hunt them for just 1 season, the results would be catastrophic in many parts of the country.

/rant

Do you know what animal kills more people than any other in the US every year? The Whitetail deer.