View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 01:47 AM

Default Re: $4/180 AQ on the button overly aggressive?

I made a flop bet that size for a couple reasons (could very not be good reasons) but this is what I was thinking.

1.) If he had Ax other than AJ or A4 he would call my larger bet and I gain value there and I move all in on the turn to put as much pressure as possible on him to fold.

2.) I knew I was pretty much getting my chips in the middle no matter what (which I wasn't sure was the right thinking once I thought about the hand later) but if he was on the flush draw then I would be charging him immensely on the flop and I was moving all in if he check raised.

But the mini raise on the turn is what bothered me, that seems all to often that you are up against a big hand, this time he ended only having A4 so I actually wasn't in as horrible shape as I could have been.

But I've tended to bet on the larger side, 65 - 75% on my c-bets. I just figure at this level they will call any reasonable size bet, thus I end up getting more value out of my good hands.

But I should pay more attention to board texture and make bets more on the lines of that, but I would be lost there with my lack of tournament experience for now.

but thank you for the feedback. I need all I can get.