View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Sit \'n Go Strategy study group -- Part III: High Blind Play

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good discussion about 22 vs. 87s. I'll add this problem. It's somewhat similar to 3-42 for those of you following along at home.

blinds 300/600
UTG (t3000)
UTG+1 (t3900)
Button (t4000)
Hero (t6100)
BB (t3000)

Hero posts SB of t300
BB posts t600

Preflop:<font color="gray"> 3 folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in</font>

Which hand do you feel the best about pushing?
a) QJs
b) 22
c) A4o

[/ QUOTE ]

A4o is clearly the weakest because it is dominated by a better Ace- exactly the type of hand that will call you.

Very little to choose between QJs and 22 (Eastbay 43.2%/41.4% vs. 42.9%/40.5% against typical calling hands.

Fold equity is of course king if your remaining opponents are tight, but if they really open up their calling ranges then I suppose it gets nearer to pushing against a randomn hand. Then QJs is best at 60.2%, followed by A4o at 56.7% and then 22 at 50.3%. So as always, it depends on their calling ranges. But how the heck do you estimate these in an ever changing situation, Slim?

But to answer your question, I think I feel most comfortable pushing with QJs, but I suppose I should go and check this on SnG Wizard!

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting results on SnG Wizard.

Firstly, all three are clear pushes in this situation. In fact, you should push with ATC except against a "very loose" BB (45%+).

There is very little difference between the three hands if the BB is very tight, tight and average. However, if the BB is loose, then A4o is somewhat better than the other two and if the BB is very loose, 22 is quite a bit worse than the other two.

Is this the point you were trying to make Slim?

And how do we apply this information in practice?