View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 12:52 AM

Default Re: Help me debate my Mom and sister - RP related

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Government is incompetent at everything they do, and defense is no different.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad tactic imo. No sane person believes this. You just come across as unreasonable and dogmatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point of this thread was to help OP convince his parents. He didn't even care if the stuff was true or not, and was just looking for a way to say stuff to them. Pay attention to the OP if you're determined to respond here.

As AlexM said, plenty of "sane" people do believe that centralized planning is inherently inefficient. There's nothing dogmatic about that. That's not the point of this thread though. The point is to offer quick and dirty tips for OP. Save your lame attacks for other threads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, I am being helpful and relevant to the OP. Pay attention please. Say this statement to 10 random people and ask them what they think of it.

All of my friends and family would instantly label someone as an idiot if they made a statement like this - given the commonly understood meaning of incompetent. You're trying to convince a non believer here, not offer up poorly worded and dubious logic that will only appeal to converts.