View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 11:56 PM

Default Re: 150/300 stud high reraise or call on 3rd?

[ QUOTE ]
The re-raise on 3rd is almost always correct in a high ante structure. Ideally you want to get it heads up with the guy who likely has queens.

As far as fourth street is concerned, I would prefer checking behind. Since the other 2 people called a double bet on 3rd, they are likely to take a card off on 4th even if u bet. I like checking behind 4th and perhaps raising 5th assuming the AQ bets out and everyone else catches bad. If someone catches something scary, folding 5th is an option. I just don't like bloating the pot by betting 4th which makes it more likely your opponents will chase with long shot draws since they have better pot odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this. The fact is they bricked. They are going to see 5th whether you bet or not, and they will definitely appreciate being able to see it for free.

On 5th if they improve their draw or make a pair, they are calling. If not they are folding.

The time to not bloat is on 3rd (but not in this particular hand) or on 4th when someone appears to have improved their draw.

When the draws have bricked is the ideal time to get more money in.