View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 11:31 PM

Default Re: NL 100: A9s raise in MP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why is checking the flop terrible? Please explain, I'm curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

b/c c/f with the nfd is a pretty bad decision made even worse by the fact that you're the aggressor preflop. c/c is bad because you've taken yourself out of the lead and might as well turn your hand face up. c/r is bad because if he 3bets you're behind the vast majority of the time and have to fold a decent holding. If it checks through and you bet a blank turn then he will only fold worse hands and call or raise better ones. If it checks through and you spring to life its basically impossible to get it in vs. anything, but a flush which you would have gotten it in against by betting the flop anyways. If it checks through and you check the turn then he is going to be able to take the pot away quite easily if he has a worse holding unless you plan on calling down A high, which is not such a good idea either. I think that covers basically all the scenarios. Basically, there is no good line to take if you check the flop, but there are a lot of good lines available to you if you bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Board: 8d 2h 5h
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 58.476% 58.42% 00.06% 65929 67.50 { Ah9h }
Hand 1: 41.524% 41.46% 00.06%

I put Villain on overpair, set, any suited hearts(no A962), OESD and Hero is 58% to win + FE. How much should Hero 3 bet? (and calling a 4 bet shove).

Shove any turn if Villain calls 3 bet?