View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Which Groups *DO NOT* Deserve a Seat on the PPA Board?

What a long winded fight over relatively small matters.

I could care less who is on the PPA board, D$D is right on this one for the most part. If the PPA board were to be handpicked by you Bluffthis could you guarantee a better PPA? Of course not.

I am a member of the PPA because right now it is the only organization that even purports to be fighting for the cause: legal poker, especially legal online poker. It has only been in existence one year, and I am willing to allow it growing pains - I agree its performance so far has been less than spectacular.

At the moment, though, it appears to be moving in the right direction. So I will continue to support it as long as it is moving in the right direction and I have no better alternative.

Until and unless I see proof that this "unrepresentative" board is actively working against poker player's interests, I am not gonna care who they are but rather what they do. My actual guess is that they are people who truly care about poker but are "learning on the job" what it takes to craft and run a truly effective special interest advocacy group.

Sometimes, Bluffthis. your criticism is helpful to bettering the PPA and the cause (your criticisms of their tactics do have much merit); sometimes, as with this continued harping on the members of the board, it amounts to nothing but a waste of otherwise useful energy.

Thats my opinion anyway.

Skallagrim