View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 06:02 AM

Default Re: ***Official*** CNN/YouTube GOP debate

[ QUOTE ]
I'd agree except that Paul is, needless to say, a rather popular topic in this forum and constantly having to hear people called trolls and idiots and whatever else wears one down.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, well, like I said earlier -- I've probably used the T-word twice ever on here, and one of those times I misread something and immediately admitted I goofed. And ojoc (the guy who originally brought up the "drive by trolling") doesn't seem to have a history of doing this either.

What I find really tiring is the way so many people lump "ACers/libertarians" into one category, where rather than ask us to necessarily defend the argument at hand and the things we as individuals have actually said, we're routinely hit with arguments and criticisms that involve merely other peoples' perceptions of our collective habits.

Even if you think the "troll" allegations were wrong or childish (which I don't entirely agree is the case), at least they were in direct response to what a specific poster actually stated. From there, it's easy enough for him to defend himself (or others to defend him), since the exact criticism is clear and in front of us.

But the grouping mentality of "you guys routinely do this" just really bothers me, and is on the verge of driving me away from posting here. It just seems pointless to me to be lumped into some group, where by holding a certain ideology I'll then sometimes have to defend things other than the arguments I've actually made.

No hard feelings against you. I realize you're just giving your input as a mod and respectable poster. I just felt like this should be expressed.