View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Weak leads (way too late pooh-bah?) tl;dr

[ QUOTE ]
A WEAK LEAD is not a donk bet.

A weak lead CAN be a donk bet, but isn't necessarily. A weak lead is a play used OOP, usually used to induce a bluff raise out of an aggressive opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]Most people don't use it this way though. They just throw out a 3/4 bet OOP on the flop in an attempt to get you TO CALL instead of induce a raise. Standard opponents with a strong hand is infinitely more likely to either check/minraise flop or call, check/raise turn.

I'm trying to find better examples but it really doesn't happen that often. Like, so infrequently that if you never bothered to do it, wouldn't matter. It helps you win a few small pots every couple sessions. I know most of you advocate letting them have small victories but I don't, pounce on every opportunity.

What to do on turn called? This depends on reads. Sometimes double barrell and sometimes give up.

edit: Against a 22/18/3 TAG obv fold nothing. Same with maniacs. Don't try to bluff them out. I'm taking about weak tag's that don't steal or semi-loose passives. This play is entirely specific to a set of opponents. The ones you should be playing imo.

double edit: In my first example the problem with calling is opponent is going to fire again with a Ten. You can't profitably call down. If you can get a weak Queen to fold by raising, you score a major victory. I hate calling in that spot.