View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Question on Variance & judging your play

[ QUOTE ]
When you bust out, how is your stack compared to the average stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

This brings up a whole nother' question of mine: When I bust out I generally don't like to get lower than 10 BB's. A lot of the time when you are in that 12-15BB and you pick up KK in the cutoff, a large push of 14BB into a small pot in the lower MTT's generally will create crying calls with anthing from 33-55 or a3o - a7o. Double up there, and you can go back to seeing some flops and playing a less defensive game.

There are definitely times though when you will be at the final 3-4 tables of a large MTT and you are seated with 4 other large stacks. What do you in this positiion? I know the great MTT players feel they have an edge over everyone, so they don't mind battling with the big stacks.

In my case, I tend to avoid playing big pots wtih them unless I have a decently strong holding (not much floating the flop or 3-betting OP with air), however, I have been known to get in a large pot with them bust out and am left thinking to myself "I should have just coasted along bullying the medium stacks trying to move up)

Successful tourney players who plat FTP if you're out there, please respond and let me know how you deal with other large stacks at your table when you are medium high to big stacked in the final stages of a MTT. Thanks.