View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 07:34 PM

Default Re: AA in reraised pot NL50

To say it is mandatory to stack off in any situation - barring quads - cannot be right. Not a mantra I live by anyway.

I can find a fold on the turn if I am emotionally in control and this aggro dude hasn't been pissing me off.

We have made it very clear we have a hand we like, those 2 Jacks are staring at villain, the flush has come in, trips has come in, boats have come in....yuk.

I have no problem narrowing villains range to one of those hands (and even the addition of a bluff into that range can't up our equity much I don't think.)

Also, I'll sometimes check flops in this spot for value as I can't see 3 streets of value. Meh, maybe in this case the board is a too bit scary for this, but I'd see how gameflow was going. Another advantage I guess is it stops us being c/r w/draws or moves.

Edit to add: If we had the Ah that might make a differece, and the fact we can't see it does make villain having it at least a weeeeee bit more likely. But even then, it would be a weird equity spot for villain to try a move with the fd.