View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: tell us about your job

I am bored at my job, so I will tell you about it.

What do you do? Consulting, Affiliating, for various Internet Marketing Ventures.

Do you like it? Yes.

What makes you in particular well-suited or poorly-suited for your work? I am pretty good at what I do because I 100% believe in myself. If I work I make money, when I become complacent, my earnings go down. I have great accountability, drive, and have been behind a computer for the greater part of my life.

What kind of people do best in your work? Individuals that are flexible to put in 18-24 hours behind a computer and be happy doing it. You must have the drive to try new things, be incredibly organized, and understand the economics of a business.

What qualifications are necessary for people considering work in the same field as you? A college degree. You don’t necessarily NEED a degree at all, I just think it helps teenagers into early twenties individuals get experience, maturity, and grasp organizational skills.

What is a typical day like? Up between 10 and 12. Walk dog. Check emails and follow up with phone calls if needed. Browse current projects for progress and research and plan for future projects until about 5pm. Walk dog. Eat dinner and discuss projects and or new ideas with partner via phone or online from about 6 until ????. Usually turn in about 3-4am. Most of the night time “work” or “computer time” is pleasure mixed with business.

What kind of problems do you encounter? Frustrated customers and the inability for people to meet deadlines. Its one thing to say you can do a job and have the skills to do it; and it’s a WHOLE OTHER ball game to get that job completed on time.

What are the biggest (most common) sources of frustration and elation? Frustration from jobs not being completed on time. Elation from making money day or night, sun or snow, around the clock.

How much do you make? [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

How much can one expect to make in your position? Grab a canvas and start. You can make as much as you want to earn.

fyc