View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 01:19 AM

Default Re: the GOLDEN AGE of Reality TV is upon us!

[ QUOTE ]
Dom,

These have already been mentioned in the Summer TV thread, but there are enough crap-ass new reality shows coming out that I think they deserve their own thread.

I am SHOCKED that you liked Scott Baio's show. Wow, I watched a couple and thought it was just horrible start-to-finish. Near unwatchable.

I agree that Rock of Love is pretty sweet, but wow, I'd expect Bret Michaels to still get a much better looking group than that. Most are women I and most of my friends would turn down. Like, Rodeo, WTF? She's an old hag! And Magdalena not just sounds but LOOKS like a drag queen. Jes, however, wow, she is incredible.

The Two Coreys is another one that had such promise, but wow, completely unwatchable.

I just watched the new ones on VH1.

The Pickup Artist definitely has potential. Might suck, though, hard to tell so far. I don't think it's going to be as entertaining as Beauty and the Geek.

Mission Man Band looks pretty bad, but I'll give it one more shot.

The Rock Life, about Cisco Adler's band Whitestarr looks pretty ridiculous, but pretty sweet. I'll be watching because I'm jealous of even low-grade rock stars.

[/ QUOTE ]

hhahahahaha....I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Scott Baio show. It has everything, IMO. I love that he's allowing himself to look like a jerk at times...but he always comes off as honestly wanting to improve his outlook on marriage and commitment, even though it is obviously still out of his reach. The used-to-be-famous-and-successful costars of his are also great TV. I actually got to shoot Julie McCullough in a Playboy video back in the 90s and I had a huuuuuge crush on her...very sweet, if a tad nutty, girl. To see her still looking damn good at 40 is just cool.

I really love the little missions he's sent on, too...the daycare center, the dating service, the old couple, etc.

Obviously, I can also relate to his angst a little, too, so maybe that's it.

I watched the first few minutes of the rock group one and didn't get into it. Missed Man Band, on purpose!