View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 11:39 PM

Default the GOLDEN AGE of Reality TV is upon us!

I don't know if any of you has noticed, but there are THREE incredibly entertaining reality shows on these days, and they are all on VH1, believe it or not. They are:

Scott Baio is 45 and Single

Wow, what a great show. Scott Baio is thinking about getting married to his GF, but he wants to find out why he has always shut down in relationships before when they get to this point, so he hires a life coach to help him out and guide him...she makes him become celibate for 8 weeks while looking up old girlfriends and finding out what went wrong.

He also hangs out with a trio of friends - one of whom is the older brother from "The Wonder Years" and another is a complete douchebag who wants Scott to remain forever single so he can pickup his leftovers.

In the first few weeks, Scott has talked to, gotten advice from, and been insulted from famous ex-costars and ex-girlfriends alike: Henry Winkler, Erin Moran, Nicole Eggert, ex-Playmate and "Growing Pains" star Julie McCullough, a Penthouse Pet, etc.

Baio comes off as a bit of a prick, but still, as a guy who's real and one I actually like and can relate to, as we're both wondering why we've reached our mid-forties single and childless. It's pretty hilarious seing how he handles still being called "Chachie" or "Charles in Charge" after all these years.

Great show.

Rock of Love

This one's my guilty pleasure, as it's total crap, but entertaining crap! Brett Michaels, of 80s hair-band Poison fame, plays like The Bachelor and hosts a house=full of women who are all vying for his affections. The fact that every one of the women is a skanky rock&roll ho, is only the tip of the iceburg!

You know how in The Bachelor, the doofus hands out roses to the women he wants to stay? Well, Brett Michaels hands out VIP Badges, like at a concert and he's picking out which groupie he wants to have come backstage so he can bang her! Lots of catfights in this one, too.

The new one I just watched the first episode of, is The Pick-Up Artist, with some tool named Mystery who wears leopard print and motorcycle goggles. In it, he has 8 geeky losers with no game come to share a house so he can teach them the tricks of his trade. He also has two other PU Artists named Matador and J-Dog (no, really!) who are his helpers.

It's pretty funny seeing the losers try to hit up girls in a bar and then a bit of a revelation to see the three PU Artists work their magic on the room.

The first one was decent...we'll see how it continues...