View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 01:28 AM

Default Re: Beat: Amazon.com Knows about my downswing

Yeah, I know I played this hand badly.. pre-flop raise at least.. but still, I had a 75% or so chance of winning it on the flop...

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t800 with t50 antes (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Hero (t3849)
UTG+1 (t6277)
CO (t42205)
Button (t7665)
SB (t19623)
BB (t10540)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero calls t800, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t400, BB checks

Flop: (t2700) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
<font color="red">SB bets t800</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t2999 (All-in)</font>, SB calls t2199

Turn: (t8698) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t8698) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

Results below:
SB has Qc, Jd (a straight, Eight to Queen)
Hero has Kh, Qd (a pair of Queens)

It was a 4/180 man... I was out in 19th... it pays the top 18... typical. Which was sorta the reason why I didn't raise... I figured I'd get a call and I didn't want to put my stack at risk.

You ever bitch yourself out at figuring out what the other guy needs to beat you? I saw the hands and I said 'Yes!' .. looked harder and said, 'Well a ten would be....' BAM the ten fell. It's like I WILL the beats to happen. I should have willed MY card, not his, right?

Maybe that's my problem... I'm exercising my psychic abilities for the other guy instead of for myself. I need to will MY cards into existence.

That's gotta be it. my cards.... (I'm going to bed, I'm tired)...