View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 08:27 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

I don't know that i'm the type of player you're looking for as i'm really just starting out in poker. I feel i've got a reasonable grasp of the basics but can't apply them to situations very well. I started looking around here about a year ago but i've only got seriously into poker the last couple of months.

1. How you are currently improving your game.
I'm basically reading anything i can on the net. I started by getting the basics through a few books but the discussions here seem far more usefull than any books. I'm still basically in the experimental phase at 10NL but i'm finding faults regularly and concentrating on fixing them.

2. Your poker goals.
My short-term goals are to learn. Basically i feel that as long as i keep learning then the playing side will take care of itself. First off i want to move up in stakes and continually beat the games i move up to (I'm trying to learn the game from the ground up by grinding each successive stake. Rinse and repeat etc. Eventually i'd like pokr to be a nice second source of income and maybe even go pro if i become good enough

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
Like i said i only really started taking it seriously a couple of months ago. I won a freeroll on Pacific a while ago and have moved from 2NL to 10NL fairly quickly. I'm up to about $200 playing here and there for 2 months (without PT)

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.
I generally post if i disagree with what's being said and think i can offer something new. Here's a couple of examples (all uNL):
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1

forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=microplnl&Number= 13040894

They're just a couple of recent ones where i've suggested different things and i think i've added to the discussion.

5. A little about yourself.

Well I've just finished the first year of a science degree at Melbourne Uni. I'm 19 and am hoping that over the break (just finished exams) i can learn a lot about NLHE and move up to higher stakes. I'm intelligent (IQ +150 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])and willing to learn and i think this is a great way to improve.