View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Count me as being really keen to be a part of this.

1. How Im currently improving my game:

After a bad couple of months, about a month ago I took some time off to really look into the fundamentals of my game and found a number of things I could change/improve. With that and some coaching sessions that have been very helpful, as well as talking to other people on aim/irc I am now feeling really good about how I am playing and thinking about the game and have been getting solid results so far. Im trying to continually assess and improve on any and every aspect of my game.

2: My poker goals:

Continue playing poker as my main source of income until I finish studying in a few years - all the while moving up in stakes. I aim to continue to work on the emotional and discipline aspect of the game - avoid short term-results oriented thinking and be dedicated to putting in more hands in the best frame of mind possible. Medium term goal is to be a solid winner at the mid-stakes level, moving beyond that would obviously be desirable if I have the ability to do so.

3. Current stakes, previous results:

Currently playing 200NL. Past earnings total ~$30k. I grinded my way up from the microstakes on a $15 roll, started 3 years ago but had a long break in the middle there of ~1.5 years before coming back to poker and realizing I could actually make some money doing this.

4. I cant find any examples of good strat posts, but I have contributed in many ssnl threads discussing hands, posting hh's etc. Unfortunately I have never made any really great in-depth posts, probably because I feel I usually have more to learn than to teach.

5: About me:

Currently studying at uni, Business Degree with a language, Ive been playing 200nl since the start of the year as my sole source of income. Recently I have become extremely motivated to focus on improving my game and moving up, rather than be content to grind which actually resulted in me going backwards a bit as a player. Id be willing to help out with running the forums, making and uploading videos etc