View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 04:37 PM

Default Re: QQ - too weak, or standard?

just cap preflop. when u dont ck the flop probably ck raising if it goes bet call and unforunately probably stuck calling 2 if it goes bet raise, then call if MP 3bets probably folding the turn UI and folding if its 2 back to u again. If it goes ck bet fold i mite just ck call down vs more passives but MP seems aggro enough id cr and just not find a fold at any point.

I dont think folding the flop as played is horrible, and I probably would do the same, but I dont see a reason to donk here ur not well ahead of both on this board and its not like its getting checked through often.

Even getting 9:1 or 6:1 (depending on if MP caps) Ur backdoor draws arent worth that much, if either has a better overpair its 50/50 they have a better club draw and if they dont the other could have the Ac or Kc. The running straight draws J 9, 9 J, J K, K J all have u just picking up a gutter on the turn, and all but the K completes a straight for 9x or J9 and the K hits Kx hands, so they arent very strong. Also ur hands not very disguised after u call two cold and donk into a cap, both MP and Button have shown considerable strength now so I think if ur gonna bet u have to find a fold when it comes two back to u. The chance they have exactly MP JJ or QQ and button JJ QQ or AsKs seems remote and not worth trying to showdown(esp given buttons description he mite not even play that one worse combo of AKss that makes sense this way and mite not cap JJ preflop).