View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 03:06 AM

Default Re: GPS System on people?

[ QUOTE ]
I have actually read about this idea, mostly to put on children as a deterrent to kidnapping. Basically you use a microchip or an ankle bracelet that's monitored to know where the person is at all times. I don't know if it's actually out yet, but it seems like a great idea to own, even though the odds of getting kidnapped are pretty low. There's probably other advantages to it, like if you're walking around in a big city, you could use a hand-held device to figure out how to get from point A to point B much more easily based on where you are.

So, if such a device were available, how many people would use it on themselves or their kids if relatively inexpensive?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it was free, I wouldn't do it. I don't want any agency/company being able to track every movement I make, or if I had kids, that they make. This fearful hysteria, that no one is safe is the perfect way to lead to freedoms being taken away - see patriot act. And man, when it comes time for these kids to revolt against what could turn into a tyranical government, they're going to be [censored] outta luck.
I'm trying to think of the names of the kids I know who've been kidnapped; there aren't any.