Thread: Friend's hand
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 03:24 AM

Default Re: Friend\'s hand

[ QUOTE ]
8-16, it was the second or third orbit of a brand new game. The only thing villain had done was steal the blinds with JJ UTG and AK from MP(he loves to show his cards)

Here was the only hand I had played that the table saw. CO limped(lol) I limped J7s in the SB, BB checks.

J64, I bet, BB raise, CO fold, I three, he calls

Turn 5, I bet he calls

River 7 I bet he calls with J3o

Onto the hand, villain opens in EP1? I three ball 99 in the HJ, HU action

975 with two spades, he checks dark, I bet, he c/r, I three, he four, I five, he six, AND I JUST CALL!

At this point I was 100% positive I had the best hand but I thought 7 bets would totally give away my hand so my plan was to raise any turn, and that is what I did.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly felt ashamed looking at this thread but at least there's discussion now.

I would fold PF for sure. You have a guy who's showing everything PF. Whenever people do this they have *a hand* He might have 22-77 I guess but you're playing 50-50 at best quite often here.

I'd go like 1,200 bets on this flop. Especially with a two flush. A TON of cards can come on the turn that he won't 3bet with.

I'm too stupid to do the math in my head but
If you call 6 bets, rather than go 7+, a scare card comes on the turn and he bets again(there's a REAL high chance he'll just call here after 'all the raising') and you raise, he'll almost never 3bet with a worse hand. This idea gains you 10SB, the 6 you put in on flop, and the 2BB/4SB on turn.

If you seven bet like you should he'll probably 8 bet because people get caught up in the action lots and will just go berserk for like 10 seconds before they think about things. The trick is to raise as fast as possible here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

So you'll go 9SB, maybe more, maybe 15SB here. Just say 9 because it still makes raising the flop right. Now if he calls your 9b and check calls the turn you have 11SB.

Holla.

Keep in mind you might just be able to say "You wanna just go all in?" and felt his ass.