View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Why Im no longer an ACist

[ QUOTE ]
This is a well thought out OP. Although there are a lot of places that need to be refined. I'm in agreement.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree entirely, and it prompts me to add a few reasons as to why I am no longer an ACist.

First of all, of course, are the OP reasons, but also, I think that the slogan approach and the very facts that very few ACists would ever accept any criticisms of their theory, made me feel and recognize as a cult.

Secondly. my seduction rested on reading third rate novels, similar in their romantic approach to, and no better in their literary values than, the Louis L'Amour novels available at the airport. I mean, of course, "The Fountainhead" and "Atlas Shrugged" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] .

Of course since then, amongst other of the AC leanings I have read a few of the following reading list. I also read some of Rothbard, Hayek (one of my great and lesser known authors, although not specifically his publications that have an AC content, Mises, etc...

Anyway, none of those authors has changed my mind but rather confirmed my earlier made opinion.

Fantasy, lack of empathy and a misunderstanding of the role of economics (people are not an economic commodity!).

That is why I am no longer an ACist.