View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 04:53 AM

Default Why Does He Call? (HU SNG)

Background: This guy NEVER raises preflop in position or out of position, he never CALLS a raise in position or out of position unless he has a very strong hand, and then he will shove all in. On every flop, he will 3/4 bet, if you call and he had AIR, he will continue to check turn and river allowing you free cards. If you reraise him on the flop, he usually completes on drawing hands, reraises you with ANY pairs. This guy was a total joke, but some how I kept missing my huge draws and fell behind, until this hand below in which he made some strange call. For a brief moment I thought he was slowrolling me, but when he called, I was amazed to see what he had.

What could make such a player call this? Would you ever call if your opponent played like I did. I have been folding to a lot of his raises on the flop if I miss, I dont want to get into a bluffing game with this guy, because he seems like a robot, lol. I eventually beat him.

Poker Stars, $30 + $1.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 2 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): 1,025
SB: 1,975

Pre-Flop: (30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB calls 10, Hero checks

Flop: (40) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 80</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to 275</font>, Hero calls 195

Turn: (590) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

River: (590) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets 730 and is All-In</font>, SB calls 730

Results: 2,050 Pot
Hero showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a flush, Queen high) and WON 2,050 (+1,025 NET)
SB showed 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (two pair, Sixes and Deuces) and LOST (-1,025 NET)