View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 07:45 PM

Default Re: Variance: I still play at AP

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As you say, the chances of you personally being cheated at $10 tournaments are pretty low . . . however, the main reason why you wouldn't want to do this is in case there is a 'run' on AP, i.e. lots of people start withdrawing money because of the scandal, as more people withdraw, more and more people hear about it, lose confidence in AP and start withdrawing themselves . . . AP see all the money leaving, decide to pull the plug and freeze all withdrawals - bye bye bankroll.
Also, there's something a bit retarded about being the type of consumer who continues to do business with a company that you know is corrupt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good points, but...

There hasn't been any noticable change in traffic even though teh story made front page headlines. Most players are probably blissfully unaware.

Also, I'm not convinced that the "company" is corrupt just because one or two executives cheated some customers. Even at a company with prolific internal scandals, i.e. Enron, most employees have decent ethics and thought everything was on the up and up. I doubt AP's scandal goes beyond the 2 employees/officials, but I may reconsider if the investigation comes back differently.

I'm sure there are 1 or 2 employees at each competitors' site who would cheat, if they could. It doesn't make the whole company bad. Cheating will always be one of the biggest issues with online poker and it is vigilant players like those in the 2+2 community that keep both players and companies honest.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're missing the point. Part of the rake you pay goes to supporting the lifestyle of a worthless piece of scum, who still owns part of Absolute Poker.

As far as keeping companies honest, vigilant players won't have anywhere near the impact they could have if it's obvious that POS like you will keep supporting corrupt sites and owners regardless of what they do.

Cliff notes: Go away, idiot.