View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 11:44 PM

Default Re: what do you think of this ruling? (B&M donkament)

[ QUOTE ]
Button should be dead, you are SB like you would have been if the previous SB didnt bust out, BB is still BB. You should be button on the next hand.

By moving the button to you, and making the guy to your left post a small blind they have just given the guy to your left a round of skipping the Big blind. Sounds stupid to me

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed that OP misspoke and that the blinds were actually (small (OP on button), big, big (two seats left of the button)). The next hand would be the (small (button), small, big). In this way, no player misses any blind and no player has the button (or effective button) two hands in a row.

In my opinion, having a dead button with a single big blind posted is far preferable, the only consequence being that a player will miss a single small blind. At the risk of discussing strat in B&M, getting to post a small blind on the button is a pretty sizable advantage in low M situations typical of the late stages of a tournament - more so than getting the effective button two hands in a row.