View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 09:42 AM

Default Reading data in Winning in Tough Hold\'em Games

Just got this book and I find it very interesting. It looks like a very well thought out book. I like these data charts. However, since I just started reading this book I notice its going to take me a month or two to really review and adjust my game to this data. This is a lot of data. How are you guys reviewing the data? Are you trying to memorize it or just skimming through the pages? What's your approach to reading this much data and applying it to your game? Another thing I notice is that the amount of times a certain hand was used in a certain position kind of skewes this data. Am I correct? To clarify what Im saying is that they are using pocket AAs 200x in position 3 and saying it wins x% and they are saying that a 10 8s hand was used once and that type of player one $700-1000. Once or twice is just not enough times to put a hand like that on a chart. I also think using a hand only 50-100 times may not be that much. Internet play a hundred hands can be 1 hour or 20-30 mins. Full ring games also become shorthanded and/or play tight(4-5 seeing the flop) so are you adjusting your play by using the concepts and theory in this book or you just applying this book to 6 ring games?